Spend a Day with a Literary Agent
Friday, October 7, 11-4, 2016 * Rosemont College, Rosemont, PA
[img_assist|nid=11565|title=Sheree Bykofsky|desc=|link=node|align=left|width=100|height=67]Where: Rosemont College, 1400 Montgomery Ave., Rosemont, PA 19010. When: 11am-4pm (includes lunch)
COST: $95 (includes lunch)
“Thank you for what has thus far been the best writers’ workshop I’ve had the pleasure to attend!” – author Peggy A. Wheeler, workshop attendee
Join Sheree Bykofsky, the bestselling co-author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Getting Published (5th Edition), for the workshop, Spend A Day with A Literary Agent*. The day-long intensive seminar will teach you the ins and outs of the publishing universe, including:
- How to effectively pitch agents.
- The difference between a query letter, a pitch and a proposal
- How to develop ideas with true commercial potential
- How to write a query that really sells
- How to locate and work with the right agent
- What’s hot right now in both fiction and non-fiction
- What to realistically expect in a first-book contract
- Why becoming a published author is just like being a contestant on Wheel of Fortune!
Participants will also have the opportunity to submit their query letters to Ms. Bykofsky ahead of time for a customized critique at the workshop. This workshop precedes the “Push to Publish” program, which follows the next day. Highlights of Saturday’s program include:
* Speed date with the editors: Meet real editors and agents who will review your specific work.
* Learn how to increase your chances of getting published.
* Discuss the new writing trends with professionals in the community
* Get great marketing and networking tips to break into the competitive world of publishing.
*Copyright 2014 Sheree Bykofsky.