Philadelphia Stories, Jr., a division of Philadelphia Stories, is a literary magazine published twice a year for writers age 18 and under who currently live in Pennsylvania, Delaware, or Southern New Jersey (eligible writers must still be enrolled in a K-12 district). Please follow these guidelines for submitting material. There is no reading fee.
DEADLINES: Fall/Winter 2013-14, October 1. 2013
1. Philadelphia Stories, Jr. accepts work submitted by email or by mail (email is preferred). If sending by mail, please address to "PS Junior" and send to: Philadelphia Stories, 93 Old York Road, Ste 1/#1-753, Jenkintown PA 19046 .
2. On the first page, please include your name, school, grade, and information on how we can contact you.
4. Emailed submissions will be accepted as either a Word .doc or .txt attachment.
5. Any work received after the closing date for a particular issue will be considered for the next issue.
6. Tell us about yourself and where you live. For example: George Smith is in sixth grade and likes to write poetry. He also likes basketball and lives with his cat and little sister in Cherry Hill, NJ. He has read all seven Harry Potters twice.
Where to Email
1. For writers in grades K-4, upload your submission to our online submission page or send your submission to email@example.com
2. For writers in grades 5-8, upload your submission to our online submission page or send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. For writers in grades 9-12, upload your submission to our online submission page or send your submission to email@example.com
Philadelphia Stories, Jr. publishes:
1. Fiction (original short stories no longer than 5,000 words)
4. Art (original photos, drawings, pictures of scultpures, cartoons, etc.)
If you would like to submit work outside of the above categories, such as book reviews, crossword puzzles, etc., please email firstname.lastname@example.org