Spend a Day with a Literary Agent
Friday, October 12, 11-4, 2012 * Rosemont College, Rosemont, PA
Where: Auditorium, McShain/Dorothy McKenna Brown Science Center (Building #2 on campus map), Rosemont College, 1400 Montgomery Ave., Rosemont, PA 19010. When: 11am-4pm (includes lunch)
Join Sheree Bykofsky, the bestselling co-author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Published, for the workshop, Spend A Day with A Literary Agent*. The day-long intensive seminar will teach you the ins and outs of the publishing universe, including:
- How to effectively pitch agents.
- The difference between a query letter, a pitch and a proposal
- How to develop ideas with true commercial potential
- How to write a query that really sells
- How to locate and work with the right agent
- What's hot right now in both fiction and non-fiction
- What to realistically expect in a first-book contract
- Why becoming a published author is just like being a contestant on Wheel of Fortune!
Participants will also have the opportunity to submit their query letters to Ms. Bykofsky ahead of time for a customized critique at the workshop. This workshop will be offered as a premium event for a select number of attendees for the "Push to Publish" program. The cost is $150 for the Push to Publish weekend package, which includes Friday's agent workshop and Saturday's complete Push to Publish program. Highlights of Saturday's program include:
* Speed date with the editors: Meet real editors and agents who will review your specific work.
* Learn how to increase your chances of getting published.
* Discuss the new writing trends with professionals in the community
* Get great marketing and networking tips to break into the competitive world of publishing.
Space is limited, so reserve your ticket today by emailing email@example.com
*Copyright 2012 Sheree Bykofsky.